Saturday, January 21, 2012

First day of class

Today was the first day of class, It went really well and my teachers are awesome. They are super smart and are all actual experts in their fields. This is going to be a tough semester, no joy ride on this ship. The hardest part of the day though was trying to find the classrooms, it is even harder when you are moving around a ship that is rocking pretty good. We have smoothish seas but they turned off the stabilizer system so that we would get used to what it will be like in rough seas, even with stabilizers. Apparently it is a hydraulic system that does all the stabilization of the ship to minimize the movement, but as of day 3, no sea sickness, but I don't want to jinx it. Take care everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Josh - happy Sunday. So glad you are enjoying your teachers and the ship. Also glad no sea sickness. The sea is in your genes - what with old sea captains, etc.! hope all continues to go wel - love and miss you, Grandma and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh! I'm glad your trip is off to a good start! I know you are in Dominica, I hope its going great :)

    We missed you the last few days of vacation, we did double duty on the lazy river to make up for you. I had such a great week with you, and I'm really glad we got to see your ship before you left. I like knowing where you are staying and stuff. Keep in touch, love you!

    - Katie

    ReplyDelete